Other than a brief stint playing the saxophone in high school, I must admit my musical instrument knowledge is quite limited.
Having said that, one thing I do know about instruments, namely brass instruments is how to clean them. That's where Bar Keepers Friend comes in.
Thanks to Bar Keepers Friend US
Note: The below recommendations are for non-painted and non-plated brass instruments only.
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, always, ALWAYS test in a small hidden area first and follow instructions on label.
Here’s all you need
- Powdered Cleanser for deep cleaning or Soft Liquid Cleanser for a quick shine
- Soft sponge or cloth, no abrasives
- A small container of water
- A polishing cloth. I like my microfibre cloth
8 steps to cleaning your brass instrument
- Wet the brass using a damp cloth or sponge
- Apply BKF Powdered Cleanser or Soft Liquid Cleanser to the sponge
- Apply to the brass instrument
- Let it sit for up to one minute
- Clean the surface using a soft sponge
- Rinse under water or using a wet cloth
- Use a soft dry towel to dry and polish
- Repeat as needed
Take a look at this amazing restoration! With a microfibre cloth, an old toothbrush, and a bit of BKF Cleanser mixed with water. Paul restored his childhood tuba, some 70+ years old!
SHOP ONLINE HERE
Double Trio, Home Cleaning Kit
Bar Keepers Friend, the incredible world-famous cleaning product that has taken New Zealand by storm, and Scrub Daddy, the #1 Selling product EVER on the USA's Shark Tank, have teamed up to bring you the Double Trio.
The Double Trio includes:
- 1 x Bar Keepers Friend Original Cleanser & Polish 340g
- 1 x Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser 369g
- 1 x Bar Keepers Friend MORE Spray & Foam 750ml
- 1 x Scrub Daddy Original - Yellow
- 1 x Scrub Daddy Colours - Random
- 1 x Scrub Mommy (Dual Sided) - Pink